Thursday, April 16, 2009

Family Update!

This is way over due, like usual. Things have been crazy. March went in a flash and April is half over.
The last week of March my stepmom passed away, and I was able to fly down for the funeral. I wish I would have been able to stay longer. It was a beautiful service but still sad, especially know how much my dad's heart was breaking. I couldn't imagine my life without Dan; I just hope my dad can find something to hold onto to keep him going.
When I got back home from the funeral, Dan and I decided to move to Salt Lake City and then those preparations went underway and have just now found a moment to post. Hopefully I will find more of these moments. I am excited yet nervous for our move, but I know it is the right decision. Since we are moving in a couple of weeks, we have been trying to enjoy Oregon a bit more before we go.

We have been enjoying the nice weather. We went to the Oregon coast a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. The kids loved it. It was warm enough to let them run around without their shoes and socks on. Sloane was fearless when it came to the water! She thoroughly enjoyed the delicious rocks and things that were cast around the beach too. Noah had a blast hurling the rocks into the water over and over and over again. It is so much fun to see them play.

On Easter, we let the kids do an Easter egg hunt in the front room. They were disappointed with the eggs that had stickers instead of candies. After church we went to Grandma and Grandpa Turley's for dinner with Aunt Kerensa, Uncle Dave, and Tyler. Noah, Tyler and I went for a walk to look at the horses. It was cold and drizzling out, but I forgot Noah's jacket. So Noah wore one of Grandma's jackets (his choice) and we trudged out. The horses weren't out so we snapped a photo by the barn and then another by the tractor.



We had a great evening with everyone and hope to have some more soon before we move away.



I'll post a slide show of our Coast pictures. Dan took the photos so there is actually one of me and the pictures look much better than if I took them anyway.

3 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Oh... my... goodness! A new post?! ;) I want to see more of the coast pictures for sure (I haven't checked them out on Facebook yet). I like the new one you have in your heading. Nice candid shot. You just look like a cool mom! Actually, it reminds me of those celebrity shots with their kids in, like, Us weekly.

Good luck with the move!

Caleb and Marci said...

Hey! Where in SLC are you moving? I know Dan's family is here, but if you need help with anything be sure to let me know. I hope that it all goes well in the move, that is never the most fun, especially with kids.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepmother. That news never got to me. I hope you are doing well, and your dad too. That would not be easy. We're so excited to see you all in about a month! The kids look beautiful! Love you guys!